.

I know this is a day late but our internet was down last night so we'll pretend it is Thursday.

Well, Thursday is gardening time with The Society of Feline Gardeners. Up here in Canada, my gardening experience in the Winter amounts to litter box diggage and sleeping on new Seed Catalogues.

Quite pathetic really so I thought we'd tour the white grounds. See how our greenery sleeps.

I know I am an ice peeing Canuck mancat extraordinaire but I have to say I did take pause before venturing out of doors.

The snow is deep.

The ice teeth a wee menacing.

I took the plunge and padded down the path.

Wow! Snow, snow and more snow my friends.

A little hole dug out of the pergola .

The bird feeder seems adequate.
No feathered friends around unfortunately.

A word of caution to those of you who are thinking of exploring your Winter outdoor spaces. If you have high banks of snow and you are the owner of a particularly plume-y tail, you may end up like this.

Don't let that bother you.
Become one with the flakes.
Do not jump and twist like someone just dropped a centipede on your back.
Breathe through it and continue your tour.


Here we have our ground feeders area. The Crows and Mourning Doves enjoy this spot.
I wanted to check out the other two feeders but the PM said I'd have to don some feline snowshoes to get to them as it is too hard to keep the path to them cleared so she just snowshoes out to them.

I decided to pass.


Before I went back inside, I stopped for a nice roll and some lovin'.




I was so distracted by the love that I missed a Downy that was right next to me!

I will have to be more alert next time.

Hope you enjoyed the White Walk with me!

26 comments:

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

You guys will need toe gloves with that yucky white stuff!

Kea said...

You were very brave to venture out in that winter wonderland!

We admit we're sick of all this white stuff now...There's more on the way and it's still freezing cold. Please give us Spring!

The Crew said...

Your ice teeth rival ours. I say, get back in the house and under a warm quilt!

George

The Island Cats said...

Holy moly, Goldie! You are very brave to venture out into all that white stuff!! Isn't it cold?? We just stay inside and look at it from afar!!

Katnip Lounge said...

Goldie, you are truly a Arctic Tunda Cat! Say...did you make any yellow snow?

CCL Wendy said...

You remind me so much of Dante in these pictures -- he's an ice and snow peeing mancat, too! And he goes around with his tail straight up like you do -- at least it's one way not to get lost in all that piled up snow -- it's kind of a flag.

It sure is nice to come back to a nice scritchen after you're done with your hike!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Goldie, you are incredibly brave and manly to venture out in all that snow!

Purrs,
The Chans

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Wow Goldie
THAT was incredible!
It is good that you have long luxurious fur ... that is definitely SNOW!!

purrin
xoxoxo

Mickey's Musings said...

Yup!! We have lots of snow in our yard too ;) Some of it is very pretty and Mom likes to take pictures . When she goes to work, the snow is not as pretty and she is ready for Spring! heehee
We are just ready for another nap!!!!! We hope we don't dream of you rolling in that white stuff :o heehee
Purrs Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

thankfully our snow should start to melt this weekend (is supposed to be in the 30s and higher all week) hope yours melts as well!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You are very manly going on your snow walk.

Cory said...

So uh...um...did you...um..::whispers::...ice pee?

Inquiring cats wanna know!

Marg said...

That makes us cold seeing you out and about in that snow but it does look like you are having a wonderful time.That sure is a lot of snow. Hope you have a fun week end.

AFSocksScylla said...

We enjoyed the white walk with you glad it was a virtual walk on our part as it looked very cold. And those ice teeth scare us silly.

Hannah and Lucy said...

That is far too much snow for us - it does look very pretty but very cold. We hope those ice teeth don't drop down and bite your neck!! Still at least your mom can find you in that snow with your tail up in the air like a beacon!!

Miss Lizzy said...

Goldie, that was an excellent tour! I am so impressed by your competent snow walking; Tiger wouldn't venture out in our big snow last week! I think it would be fun to snow shoe -- I've never done it. We've recently hung a bird feeder out front where the robins and cardinals like to hang out, and I've also been scattering food on the ground under the two big oak trees for the crows and squirrels.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Thanks fer the great tour, Goldie! We havent had any serious snow this year ta walk around on...

The Creek Cats said...

Brrr! This post gave us a big chill!

Ariel said...

My your one brave tour kitty.All the snow made me alittle scared :)

Mr. Hendrix said...

whoa. you are one manly mancat. i do not ever want to become one with the snow. those birdies can come right in my warmish house, or I'll watch thru the window.
just reading this makes me want to go snuggle on the sofa with an afghan.

mooooooooooooooom! go get me an afghan, I'm chilled...

Mr. Hendrix said...

PS Happy belated birthday to your PM! We loved seeing those pictures and pre-computer blogging behavior. How fun!

said...

My Bekas is afraid of the cold! she can not get a little wind that escapes soon.
your cat is lovely!

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Sending Valentine's wishes to you and those that you love and hope you all are having a fun filled day!
Burrrr, your photos are making me cold just looking at them.

Becky's Barnyard said...

I did enjoy the walk. I see someone had a trail for you. Nice.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

We, too, enjoyed our walk with you...we like walking with the Sadie, theBeaded Tail doggie, too!

http://beadedtail.blogspot.com/2011/02/stroll-with-sadie_19.html

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is some wild winter!

© 2008 Sumac Stories by Goldie, Shade & Banshee - 3 Canadian Cats